You are here: Career
With 2,000 employees in 18 countries, wpd is an international leader in renewable energies. Our track record during the last 20 years includes more than 4,400 MW of successfully realized wind and PV projects. Our team constantly strives for excellence in the development, finance, construction and operation of renewable power plants. We are always looking for brilliant employees who are excited by the perspectives offered by renewables and who support our company in this growing and inspiring market.
For our Portland, Oregon based office we seek a Project Manager.
The PROJECT MANAGER will be responsible for advancing all aspects of development of assigned wind energy projects. You will coordinate with a team of seasoned experts during development of your projects. You will lead local, state and federal permitting processes and represent the company with government agencies, landowners and other stakeholders. You will identify and screen new project pipeline opportunities.
- Lead projects through development, engineering and construction by close coordination with wpd experts and external consultants.
- Participate in due diligence for prospective wind asset acquisitions.
- Maintain project development plans and manage projects according to time, quality and budget.
- Negotiate favorable vendor relationships, contracts and monitor progress.
- Participate in and prepare responses to tenders and RFPs (Requests for Proposals).
- Familiarity and participation with pro forma financial modeling of wind and solar projects.
- Negotiate site control contracts and title curative documents while establishing rapport and successful relationships with project landowners.
- Identify project risks and solutions for coordination with other staff and with management.
- Achievement of development targets in MW evaluated and acquired.
- Profitability and cost control of development activities.
- Successful fit within wpd team.
- Reporting to wpd’s US Director.
- At least 3-5 years’ professional experience in renewable energy project development and management.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s or certification preferred; Certification in project management preferred
- Strong network of industry contacts from which to generate investment or development opportunities
- Knowledge of wholesale energy markets
- Willingness to travel as required
- Self-starter with strong inter-cultural communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills
- Critical and creative problem solver
Experience with ESRI ARCGIS preferred, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience with Windpro preferred.
A unique opportunity to support the expansion of a top global player in renewable energies into the US market. An attractive workplace and exciting tasks in an international work environment. A long-term career perspective at a privately owned company. An attractive compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested ? We look forward to receiving your application to join our team!
Please send a cover letter, CV professional references and salary requirements to:
wpd wind projects Inc.
205 SE Spokane Street, Suite 300
Portland, OR 97202